Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tomato and Spinach Soup


Veggies
Originally uploaded by Suzi Edwards
It’s Sunday and I’ve had a hard day of shopping. I’d frozen a couple of servings of the lovely roasted tomato soup I made last Sunday, and needed to use up some spinach.

So, I was going to make tomato and spinach soup.

Easy enough, you defrost the soup, add some spinach and heat until the spinach has wilted. Blend, et voilà, a whole new soup for another week.

One thing you must always remember, is to wait until the soup is cool before you blend it. Because if you don’t, you run the risk of shattering the blender and, if the universe is really conspiring against you, the lid coming off the blender and ending up covered in an arterial spray of roasting hot soup.

Luckily only the latter happened to me tonight. I'm with Baudelaire. Laugher is human and often prompted by the misfortune of others. But never again will I laugh when someone slips on a banana-skin or a child gets hit in the head with a swing. Because a jet of soup to the face, chest, floor and kitchen cupboards is no laughing matter.

I’ve just picked a lump of spinach out of my hair and have spent the last three hours with an icepack on my face.

No, really, stop laughing.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I nearly cried when I read your post ( could be the pregnancy hormones though, under normal circumstances I think I may have had a sneaky giggle )... hot soup blasted into your face. OUCH !

Tomato and Spinach soup sounds tasty. Mmmmm... I want soup for dinner now.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home