Friday, January 19, 2007

Thai Corner Bistro

I stopped writing horrible things about restaurants a while ago. I'd really enjoyed doing the odd hatchet job on places (especially Flamin Nora's which thankfully has closed for business) but realised that I preferred reading about the great places that I really should go to. I think I was vaguely remembering a quote from Bob McWhirter, an influential developer I'd been talking to. He said it much more articulately than I can manage in his post "Everything Sucks".
So since then I've kept the invective for the journey home and for the odd conversation on food boards. I just didn't want to spend my time writing up meals that I really hated.

Until yesterday. I'd been told that the Thai Corner Cafe on St Paul's Road, N1 was a delicious, homey authentic Thai. Well, I am sad to report that it's none of those, and it's also probably guilty of profiteering.

My chicken and prawn salad (left) came with two small prawns and four strips of chicken, not much larger than my little finger. I called the waitress over and asked if this were normal. She snapped yes and walked off. The picture was taken shortly before we asked for the bill and not one person asked if everything was OK.

It's a rare day that I don't tip...but they didn't get a penny last night. Which was unsurprising since the most depressing meal I've eaten in months cost me three thousand five hundred of them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home